The podcast for freaks who love antiques.
Dee and Ken are millennial antiques enthusiasts with decades of industry experience and a delight in weird finds.
- by Antiques Freaks20th-century kitsch turned 21st-century trend! Just watch that mineral oil drip down that fishing line and boggle at the price tag.
- by Antiques FreaksWherein Rachel Ray betrays the 20th-century plastics collecting community.
- by Antiques FreaksPlease enjoy this chapter from our Varney vaults! Wherein Mr Chillingworth proves himself an ensemble dark horse as we get a crash course in Victorian grave-robbing. To instantly unlock a hundred more chapters (literally), check out our Patreon for bonus episodes.
- by Antiques FreaksThe Antiques Freaks venture out of the studio to record on location at Circa Vintage in New Bedford with owner and proprietor Chris! We chat about Brown’s Beach jackets, East-West Musical Instruments leathers, Bobby from Boston, supplying costumes for films and TV, the rewards of rescuing vintage clothes from the landfill, and how to cope […]
- by Antiques FreaksHave you ever wanted to know what would happen if Sherlock Holmes encountered a vampire? Fortunately, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle has written that story. Unfortunately, he wrote it whilst deep in his “fairies are totally real you guys” phase. Chris and Paris of the Terrible Book Club join the Antiques Freaks in tearing apart Sherlock […]
- by Antiques FreaksAs a wise man once said, “Hand me that piano!” Tune in to find out how much an antique piano is worth (not much), what factors affect its value (very little), and what you can expect when you try to sell yours (absolutely nothing).
- by Antiques FreaksHind-castle. Horn-fisted. Hurleblast. Haven-screamer. All these 19th century nautical terms and more defined in this chapter of The Sailor’s Word Book!
- by Antiques FreaksTheatrical costume designer and age-of-sail enthusiast Hannah Haverkamp returns to Antiques Freaks to discuss the delightful and deliberate anachronisms in the historical costuming choices of HBO’s pirate comedy series Our Flag Means Death. What’s up with Oluwande’s crocs? Why does Black Pete wear a literal actual horseshoe for a belt buckle? How is Blackbeard the […]
- by Antiques Freaks2023 – the year when all of Sherlock Holmes finally enters the public domain. To celebrate, Chris and Paris of the Terrible Book Club podcast have joined the Antiques Freaks to explore one of the worst canonical Holmes stories ever written, The Adventure of the Creeping Man.
- by Antiques FreaksKen doesn’t believe in ancient aliens, but he does believe in sailor valentines. Dee is here to dispel him of that notion. Get the real scoop on 19th c. nautical crafts!
- by Antiques FreaksGalley-growlers. Galligaskins. Geo-graffy. Grog-blossom. All these nautical terms and more defined at last in this chapter of The Sailor’s Word Book!
- by Antiques FreaksNow with 100% more lawn flamingos!
- by Antiques FreaksFecket. Fire-Ship. Flogging the Glass. Fothering. All these nautical terms and more defined at last in this chapter of The Sailor’s Word Book! Content warning for queer folks using the F-slur in a 19th century British nautical context.
- by Antiques FreaksEverything you could possibly want to know about the acquisition, selling, care, and collecting of antique and vintage furs. Content warning for frank discussion of animal cruelty and death.
- by Antiques FreaksWhile Dee recovers from Covid, please enjoy this chapter from our Varney vaults. And consider this a friendly reminder to get vaccinated, wear a mask, and wash your hands. To instantly unlock a hundred more chapters (literally), check out our Patreon for bonus episodes.
- by Antiques FreaksEar-wigging. Eskippamentum. Eating the wind out of a vessel. All these terms and more defined by the Sailor’s Word Book – for all your antique etymological nautical needs!
- by Antiques FreaksMonica joins the Antiques Freaks to chat about Hasbro’s short-lived, wildly creative, utterly baffling 1980s doll line, Moon Dreamers. (With special science lesson from Dr. Mike!)
- by Antiques FreaksWhile Ken works mandatory overtime at the day job, please enjoy this chapter from our Varney vaults! It’s wacky Victorian penny dreadful vampire action. To instantly unlock a hundred more chapters (literally), check out our Patreon for bonus episodes.
- by Antiques FreaksWill Seippel, Founder and CEO of the online antiques valuation resource Worthpoint, chats with the Antiques Freaks about all things antiques, vintage, collectibles, and dealing!
- by Antiques FreaksProp stylist Robin Zachary joins the Antiques Freaks to chat antiques, photography, and how a touch of artistry and design can elevate vintage reselling. Check out Robin’s book Styling Beyond Instagram for a wealth of tips and info about prop styling as a career or a skill to promote your own brand.
Apple Podcasts · Podbean · Spotify