The podcast for freaks who love antiques.
Dee and Ken are millennial antiques enthusiasts with decades of industry experience and a delight in weird finds.
- by Antiques FreaksEar-wigging. Eskippamentum. Eating the wind out of a vessel. All these terms and more defined by the Sailor’s Word Book – for all your antique etymological nautical needs!
- by Antiques FreaksMonica joins the Antiques Freaks to chat about Hasbro’s short-lived, wildly creative, utterly baffling 1980s doll line, Moon Dreamers. (With special science lesson from Dr. Mike!)
- by Antiques FreaksWhile Ken works mandatory overtime at the day job, please enjoy this chapter from our Varney vaults! It’s wacky Victorian penny dreadful vampire action. To instantly unlock a hundred more chapters (literally), check out our Patreon for bonus episodes.
- by Antiques FreaksWill Seippel, Founder and CEO of the online antiques valuation resource Worthpoint, chats with the Antiques Freaks about all things antiques, vintage, collectibles, and dealing!
- by Antiques FreaksProp stylist Robin Zachary joins the Antiques Freaks to chat antiques, photography, and how a touch of artistry and design can elevate vintage reselling. Check out Robin’s book Styling Beyond Instagram for a wealth of tips and info about prop styling as a career or a skill to promote your own brand.
- by Antiques FreaksIn 1888, playwrights raced (literally) to stage the first theatrical production of Robert Louis Stevenson’s instant classic horror novel. The results were… mixed. And today, Chris and Paris of the Terrible Book Club podcast have joined the Antiques Freaks and chosen to read for your pleasure the absolute worst version of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. […]
- by Antiques FreaksToy company mistake or lucrative yard-sale find? Only the GIRLS can decide! Talking boards. Witch boards. Spirit boards. Ouija. And now, thanks to the magic of modern marketing, available just for GIRLS!
- by Antiques FreaksJessie of CherryColoredTwist joins the Antiques Freaks to talk all things antique and vintage buttons!
- by Antiques FreaksWhile Dee recovers at home from an unexpected ER trip, please enjoy this episode from our Varney vaults! The Antiques Freaks are joined by Chris and Paris of the Terrible Book Club podcast to take on the fifth chapter of the Victorian penny dreadful Varney the Vampire, or, The Feast of Blood. Just the thing […]
- by Antiques FreaksEric LaRocca’s novella Things Have Gotten Worse Since We Last Spoke is a darling of the indie horror scene. Unfortunately we will be judging it on the merits of its antiques. Content warning for discussions of fictional animal cruelty, gore, psychological abuse, self-harm, self-mutilation, suicide, and death.
- by Antiques FreaksHow to buy and sell antiques on Craigslist – without getting murdered! (You can BARELY tell that Ken is crawling his way through a cold.)
- by Antiques FreaksVintage thrifter Virginia Chamlee (@vchamlee) joins the Antiques Freaks to talk about the joys of maximalist interior design, great thrift finds, and developing your own unique sense of style. Check out Virginia’s new book Big Thrift Energy wherever fine books are found!
- by Antiques FreaksTake a tiny object. Put an even tinier lens inside that tiny object. And then, behind that tiny lens, put an even tinier picture. What have you got? A Stanhope!
- by Antiques FreaksDr. Elizabeth Yuko (The New York Times, The Atlantic, Architectural Digest) joins the Antiques Freaks to talk about the domestic science movement and the resulting sanitation craze of the late 19th and early 20th century! (Content warning for discussions of historical child endangerment, illness, and death.)
- by Antiques FreaksOur dear friend Paris of the Terrible Book Club podcast joins us as we delve into the fourth chapter of Varney the Vampire, or, the Feast of Blood. Wherein Mr Marchdale becomes Daddy Marchdale yet remains a stranger, and Henry converses with a doctor in a closet. Cravats will be crumpled. To instantly unlock a […]
- by Antiques FreaksDr. Anthony Cavo (Antique Trader) joins the Antiques Freaks to discuss his new book collecting antique photographs of dogs and their humans, Love Immortal. Learn about model dogs, how breeds have changed throughout the centuries, and antique Photoshop! (With a quick digression into post-mortem photography.) Content warning for discussions of historical and present-day child death […]
- by Antiques FreaksChris and Paris of the Terrible Book Club podcast join Dee to learn about Death Chair: The Chair That Kills People. From Unsolved Mysteries to Beyond Belief, legends of Busby's stoop chair or the Dead Man's Chair have haunted humanity since the 18th century. OR HAVE THEY???
- by Antiques FreaksRecorded on location in the biggest dollhouse shop in the world! Owner and proprietor Nathaniel Ellis joins the Antiques Freaks to talk all things dollhouses, miniatures, ABC’s The Fatal Flaw, HBO’s The Gilded Age, the benefits of running a physical storefront versus an online shop, and the simple delights of following one’s dreams.
- by Antiques FreaksCollectibles are not investments. Critical Role is not a publicly-traded company. Do not invest in Critical Role. That said, here is how much some people have made by flipping Critical Role collectibles. Talking points include: McFarlane Toys vs. Sideshow Collectibles, the Mollymauk Tealeaf limited edition figure, the Shaun Gilmore limited edition figure, the Legend of […]
- by Antiques FreaksBenjamin Miller of the Curious Objects podcast (The Magazine Antiques) joins the Antiques Freaks to discuss silversmithing, the unique challenges at the crossroads of antiques and podcasting, and the true value of antiques.